Take a look at Calhoun Companies' news written by our business brokers in Minnesota for advice & guidance in buying & selling a business!
Every year since 1963, the U.S. Small Business Administration has hosted National Small Business week to recognize the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. This year, we decided that Minnesota’s vibrant small business community deserves recognition as well. That’s why we’ve partnered with Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota to declare that small helps all!
Don’t let the label fool you. The economic impact of small businesses, defined as those with fewer than 500 employees, is anything but small. In Minnesota alone there are over 500,000 small businesses, making up more than 97% of all companies. Together, they employ 1.2 million people, nearly half of all working Minnesotans. Without small businesses, our economy simply wouldn’t function, but you already knew that.
During National Small Business Week, April 30 - May 6, I hope you will join us in supporting and recognizing the local small businesses that make our community great. Here’s a few ways for you to get involved:
- Follow along on social media using #SmallHelpsAll and tweeting at @CalhounCos and @TheFirstBBB
- Change your social media photos to the attached Minnesota Small Business Week logo
- Join us on Wednesday, May 3, at the Microsoft Store in the Mall of America for a LinkedIn workshop to learn how you can use LinkedIn to grow your business’ professional network
- Make your voice heard by completing the Minnesota Small Business Survey. Bonus, by completing the survey, you have the opportunity to win a $50 Target gift card.
- Share your small business story with us - What do you love about owning a small business? What inspires you? What business do you admire?
Last modified on